June 6, 2007

Inspiration needed!

This bead is intended to be put into a hair quilt in the next few weeks. I really love the look and the delicate nature of glass. My oldest daughter's favorite color is yellow so this is so lovely. Quilting to me is very much like stained glass work and I thought that including this object would really make a new piece shine! This bead is so beautiful and came from Chickadeebeads at etsy. She sells beads and buttons for knitters and jewelers and who knew she would ever sell a button for a Hair Quilt? Looking forward to getting some creativity time soon!

4 comments:

  1. I knew that had to be a chickadeebeads original! She is on the Wisconsin Street Team too, and a flickr contact...
    I'm looking forward to seeing how you use it and brainstorming for ideas. Will you start making brooch/pin quilts?

    by the way, hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love yellow - this will be a GREAT addition to one of your creations! Have fun ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you like it! Can't wait to see what you create! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh it's a beautiful bead! I bet it'll just make an outstanding piece! I look forward to seeing the finished product.
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete