July 18, 2007

Works for me Wednesday - Vinegar for Ants!

I love to use vinegar for wiping down counter tops and it stops the ant's pheremones...so more friends don't follow the leader! I use it on the baby's highchair too...and did you know that Vinegar has the good housekeeping's seal for killing 99% of bacteria??? I swear it's the truth!!! I saw Helpful Hints from Heloise do it on Good Morning America!!! Good luck to all trying to keep your house clean! It's a struggle for me with 3 kids.

Did you like reading this post and want to read more like this here at the HHQ Blog? Find more WFMW posts from past weeks here. Find more WFMW tips/participants / info at RocksInMyDryer! Thanks for reading!

Now if only I can get some more sewing done!!! See my latest creations at HappyHouseQuilts.com at etsy.com...the best place to find superior handcrafted items!!! If you like to shop from other moms with small kids...well, cuz you just like to partake in mommy sisterhood? Check out EtsyMom.com here you will find many moms (we are over 300 members and growing everyday!!!) who juggle it all kids, home, work, and handcrafted items...get what you want and support another mom along the way!

6 comments:

  1. Hmm, I was just going to look up how to get rid of ants! Good deal! Someone left a popsicle wrapper on the computer desk :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. But what do you do to cover up the vinegar smell? I'm not very fond of having my kitchen smell like salad dressing. Although it may be worth it to keep the ants away and be "green" at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that vinegar helped out with the ants. I'm going to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to try this immediately! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. This sounds like a good idea. Do you dilute the vinegar with water or use it full strength? Does it leave a strong smell?

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use it full strength...cuz with 3 kids I don't like to do anything twice if I don't have to...I don't mind the smell and it seems to go away rather quickly...I don't like the smell of bleach either...and vinegar is less potent to me. You could try to dilute it down...not sure how that would work...you could try to look up good housekeeping or helpful hints from heloise...maybe it's listed under those sites...i saw the GMA episode years ago...but it stuck with me...and appears to work. Good luck!
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete