July 8, 2007

BaublesAndBliss - Featured Etsy Artist

Featured Artist is a post I do weekly to highlight other artists that I share interests and inspiration with. Find more posts like this here.

Who are you?
My name is Meg. Im the mastermind/artist behind Baubles & Bliss.

What do you craft?
I make hand-beaded silver jewelry and rosaries featuring Swarovski crystals and other glass beads.

Why do you do this?
I do this because I can! 5 years ago I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and never thought I would be able to do much with my hands, but here I am! Each piece I make is a testimony of my remission.

What do you love about your craft?
I love that the pieces I design and create - are all original and beautiful. I live in a very diverse city. Keep Austin Weird is our city motto! My pieces also reflect that. Some may be ostentatious while others are simple. Each reflects my mood and personality at the time.

What is your favorite item(s) to make? Why?
I like to make bracelets best of all. I love to lay the beads out when Im designing. Its so exciting to see how a piece will end up. I work for a little while and then have a fabulous piece on my wrist. It's instant gratification.


What makes you stand out from everyone else?
My jewelry can be for either your fun, fashionable side or for your spiritual side. I make both to suit both sides of a woman.


Tell me something interesting about yourself...
Im an avid Bonnie & Clyde historian and collector. Weird little hobby, perhaps. My husband and I even were married at actual site of their ambush! Pictures are even in a book!

Where can I find you? (myspace, blogs, etc)

What is your etsy address?
Thanks so much Meg!!! I have to say that *I* love your Rosaries for the rear mirror! Did you like reading about this artist? Come and find more artists as I feature a new one each week.

4 comments:

  1. Great feature of Meg! :) Such beautiful items in her shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at my green beans. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Rosary is beautiful. Be sure to learn the prayer as well. http://www.rosaryprayerguide.com

    ReplyDelete