July 11, 2007

WFMW - House smelling fresh!

Well how many of us have seen essential oils sold in a lovely store and just walked on by thinking, what would I do with that? Well, I have some, cuz, well...um...er....I'm a CRAFT ADDICT! and it seemed like the thing to buy at the time. So I have some lavender oil in my pantry and I was in an all natural shop today and a lovely customer was talking to the shop keeper saying that she takes some essential oil and puts one or two drops onto a tissue and then shreds it...throws it all around her living room...well whole house really. Now, for those of you that know me, I'm an Art Therapist with a master's degree and I am definitely into the whole express your ANGER thing and can rip and shred with the best of them...I get really into it and visualize something negative or some obstacle in my path and then go nuts...most of the time it's construction paper and then i take all those beautiful mosaic pieces and glue them back onto a new piece of paper to contain the feeling and turn it into a positive, whole image again, rather than leaving it all fragmented, and in pieces.

...getting too deep for everyone yet? Still with me?

Well to my surprise the customer was telling the shop owner to throw it all over the house...at which point I said, "My one year old could do that for me!" Well that caused a giggle but then she shared the SECRET! She then VACUUMS it all up...she swore it keeps the rug and house smelling great and even lingers in vacuum! Wow...I've got to try that!!!

To see the original blog to Works for me Wednesday (WFMW) check out Rocksinmydryer

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! Though I'm not sure I'll throw it all over, teehee, not sure if I'd actually get to vacuuming it back up! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what Cara means but maybe that would be the thing to actually make me vacume more regularly - I'm liking it, a LOT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 3 kiddos sure could help me on this one too! And the house would get clean and smell good at the same time!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've also found the generic erasers at Kroger - sitting right nest to the Mr. clean ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't handle any more shredded paper in this house. However, I do often put essential oils right onto my vacuum cleaner bag. It tricks the family into thinking the house "smells clean."

    ReplyDelete