December 18, 2008

Checking in before the holidays

I'm very apathetic and lethargic these days...trying to work on being in the moment. My body feels heavy and the urge to "do" things has escaped me lately. My brain is cloudy and my thoughts wander. Concentration is hard and minutes turn into hours and nothing has gotten done. I fell like I'm in a dream...floating.

This picture was taken over Thanksgiving--->

I closed my etsy shop for now. It's going to get chaotic with the holidays and I just need to take a break. I've gone back and forth about it since the diagnosis...but for now, it's the right thing for me to do. The website is still online but nothing is for sale...it's just there for viewing.

I'm reading a book recommended to my by a social worker, Full Catastrophe Living, using the wisdom of your body and mind to face stress, pain and illness by Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD
It's not Christian but more Buddhist in philosophy (however I try to remember that any form of meditation is silently listening to the whisper of God)

It's all good stuff to remind me to be in the moment and focus on my breathing...to work on "being" rather than "doing". I need a lot of practice at that.

I found some interesting cancer related sites and wanted to share them as well...

I kicked cancer's ass
Stories, resources and support

Circus of Cancer
a how-to website for when your friend has cancer

Blessings to you all :)

2 comments:

  1. Blessings to you and your family. It's good that you are concentrating on what's right for you. I hope you get to be as selfish as you want over the Holidays, even though I know you won't :)

    xoxo ~ Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE HUGS jodi you look amazingly happy....and your sweet precious angel is just adorable! I hope you have a wonderful happy holiday and please know that you did the right thing by putting your shop on vacation ...life moves forward it never stands still and you need rest ...while you rest in your deepest thoughts becomes your deepest creations...YAY GOD! Just think of all of the amazing things... Crafty thoughts that you will have once your well rested!

    Lots of love!
    ALicia

    ReplyDelete