March 12, 2008

Pretty Priddy Creations Shares the Collaborative Spirit with Happy Hosue Quilts

What can I say about the collaborative spirit of artisans? Etsy has been such a wonderful bridge to meet fellow kindred spirits. Meet Amy Priddy, of Priddy Creations Custom Designs; A mom and wife who loves anything crafty.


Her creativity is outstanding and I was so honored that she asked me to collaborate with her on a new purse she handcrafted for her etsy site.

She shared the fabric and asked me to make a brooch to match it. I love challenges like this. Fun stuff playing with colors and shapes.

Her end result is stunning...don't you think?
The general public thinks so too, it sold out with request for several more in about 24 hours!


Here's a close up of the brooch I made...but as always my creative spirit thinks that it would look good with a aqua base too.

A huge thank you to Amy for sharing her success with me. Moms supporting moms is such a wonderful experience. I recommend everyone giving it a try, because being a mom is such a stressful job that we tend to minimize. We carry the load of details in our heads for not only ourselves but everyone in the family. When we get sick we barely have time to take care of ourselves.

So I challenge all the moms out there...reach out and make someone's day, offer to help, collaborate on a creative project or give a compliment to another mom...It could really make her day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great project. It's all beautiful. Your flower is perfect for the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks fantastic! Great Job ladies!

    ReplyDelete